With all the buzz about natural hair products and their ingredients, I’ve decided to make my own. I figured I could add what I wanted, how I wanted it, and save a few coins along the way.
If you know me, then you know how much I love to save money girl.
Since my curls get a little thirsty, I knew that my DIY hair moisturizer had to be more of a heavier buttercream. Like any product you would buy off of the shelf, you need to know what works for you. If there is something you want to add or exclude, then feel free to do so. This is a total hair experiment. If it works, great! If it doesnt, just dust yourself off and try again.
If your curls are anything like mine then follow this moisturizing formula to the “T”.
Here is the recipe I used to add moisture back into my curls with some items I already had on hand. Give it a whirl yourself just to see if it works for you.
D.I.Y Hair Moisturizer Recipe
- You will need…
- Unrefined Shea Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Cupuacu Butter
- Almond Oil
- Argan Oil
- 8oz Glass Jars
- A Mixing Bowl
- A Handheld Mixer
- Add 1/2 a cup of unrefined shea butter, 1/4 cup of coconut oil, and 1/4 cup of cupuacu butter to a mixing bowl.
- Mix all three butters at a high speed until all of the lumps are removed. l
- Reduce the speed of the handheld mixer.Slowly pour 1 teaspoon of almond oil and 2 teaspoons of argan oil into the mixture.
- Blend all of the oils together until you have a desired consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a jar and use as desired
If you try this recipe, please let me know how it works for you.
What do you do when your hair is dry? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts.
Check out my channel and see how I whipped up this mixture by clicking the link below: