There are 25 things you should do when you’re single and in your thirties. If you want to see what they are and bypass my mini vent, then you can scroll down. I promise I won’t feel any type of way because your girl can talk.
I used to dread being single. I won’t lie, I wanted a husband, the dream wedding, a daughter I could dress up to look just like me, a dream home, and a chocolate poodle with a waggling tail named Choco-lit. I not only wanted those things but I wanted them like yesterday.
I used to sit around and wonder when my time would come. Like seriously, I was exhausted from being the bridesmaid and maid of honor, until I wasn’t.
Now don’t get me wrong, I still want these things, but in the midst of all my wanting, I’ve realized something.
I discovered that it wasn’t my time and that’s okay.
My singleness is a time to get to know myself. It is also an opportunity for me to date as many eligible bachelors as possible and discover what I want. But, that’s another blog for another day.
Let’s get to this list baby!
Instead of being a “Debbie Downer” about my singleness, I came up with this incredible list. It’s a list of a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but everything to do with living your best single life.
Use what you can girl but just do me a favor; promise me you’ll start enjoying your singleness.
The Ultimate Single Girls To Do List
- Build a relationship with God through reading your Bible, prayer, and quiet moments with Him.
- Learn about who you are. Discover what you like and don’t like about yourself. Find ways to improve who you are as a woman.
- Practice new cooking recipes or take a cooking class.
- Join a book club.
- Take yourself on a date. No seriously, dress up and go out to that new restaurant you’ve always wanted to try.
6. Get your nails and toes done regularly. Men honestly look at these things believe it or not.
7. Style your hair. Discover what hairstyle compliments your personality.
8. Book that flight sis! Take a solo trip to a place you’ve always wanted to visit
9. Host a girl’s night out for your single girlfriends
10. Create your own perfume scent or candle.
11. Discover your personal fashion style by recreating looks from your closet.
12.Get jazzy and have a photoshoot.
13. Create a vision board about what you want to manifest in your life.
14. Plan your dream wedding using Pinterest.
15. Become financially literate. Plan ahead for retirement.
16. Go to a concert or theatrical production solo.
17. Focus on a 5-year plan and set career goals.
18. Fine-tune your hobbies and turn them into a small business.
19. Get a degree in a subject you love.
20. Get in shape. Define those muscles and look good for you.
21. Build meaningful relationships with people. Start defining your support circle.
22. Practice self-care by getting a massage.
23. Write out your ideas of what marriage looks like to you.
24. Learn to listen and communicate effectively.
25. Encourage yourself daily with words of affirmation.
I hope this list encourages you to get up and get out and start doing something. Yes, we want to be in a relationship, but while we’re waiting, let us not forget to live.
What would you add to the list? Leave a comment down below and tell me. I would love to hear what you have to say.
Peace, Love, and Curls
No comment yet, add your voice below!